New pilot randomized clinical trial supports prior evidence that low vitamin D increases the risk of a more severe Covid-19 outcome. ICU admission was reduced from 50% to 2% among Covid-19 patients given oral calcifediol, a major vitamin D metabolite. medium.com/@shinjieyong/t…
Hi 👋🏻 all, new podcast out, I speak with Henry Shukman, Associate Zen Master, about the mysterious/unsolvable Zen Koans, enlightenment, meditation, and more, LOVED this episodepodcast.kevinrose.com/the-mysterious…eR
my sincerest apologies to @TraegerGrills, turns out the wifi failure I was having was due to my Cisco firewall containing the grill as a potential threat - thanks Traeger team for helping me troubleshoot this rare issue
Basically it doesn’t connect to the app, and support is clueless and won’t send a new main board because “if it turns on it should work”, have tried 2 iPhones and an android phone. It’s not the phones. Also it froze during a firmware update.
I mentioned @TraegerGrills in my newsletter this month, early review is that it’s horrible, worst tech support I’ve experienced from @traegersupport :(, 2hr+ calls, no calls back, really bad. Hope you all are well/safe.
If you still haven’t figured out why the protesting is going on. Why we’re acting as we are is because we are simply F-N tired of this treatment right here! Can we break it down for you any simpler than this right here???? 🤦🏾♂️. And to my people don’t worry I won’t stop until I setwitter.com/complexsports/…Jj
I was recently recommended the book 'we were eight years in power'. What other books should I be reading about race issues/#BlackLivesMatter? I have much learning to do and want to understand this deeper than reading news articles. Please send your book recommendations.
Genesee County Sheriff (Flint, Michigan) Chris Swanson put down his helmet and baton and asked protesters how he could help.
The protesters chanted "walk with us" so the Sheriff joined — and walked alongside the protesters in solidarity.
The organic growth of @zerofasting is mind blowing. 100m fasts (37m in 2020) and 500% active user growth since 2019.
Now they’re adding a premium layer for people who want to step up their fasting regimen. I’ve been a beta user and it’s goooood. news.crunchbase.com/news/montanas-…
all in all, this feels like a small team that is really trying to do the right thing. No PR folks in the room, just an honest conversation. A company like this could easily anonymize and sell user data, they don't. I'm way more comfortable using them after our call. 🙏
6. Grammarly isn't just about spelling and grammar. The future (for them) will be even further, per user, personalized suggestions based on your style. They can provide these enhanced services only with the data you type.
5. Why not make the anonymous data sharing opt-in? Using your anonymous data will both help the community (better suggestions for all), specific cohorts (e.g., better suggestions for ESL folks), and eventually better tone and readability support for you.
3. In this case, they anonymize the data, a small snip, (removing addresses, etc.), and feed it into the model. Even this anonymous data isn't kept forever, as the model improves it's no longer needed.
2. after they do the analysis, everything is destroyed. In some cases, they want to use the outcome of a correction/suggestion/etc. to train the machine learning model, so that the product improves for everyone.
1. when they analyze an email response they only transmit and provide suggestions for what YOU type. e.g., my wife sends me an email, they aren't transmitting her email, just my typed response for suggestions/improvements.