I'd forgotten what great photos this site on West Crete has - including a whole series on the endemic flowers of Crete including a new species - and fifteen years of photo archives. west-crete.com/flowers/anthem…. Enjoy!
Forbes: Greece Most-booked European Destination for Summer news.gtp.gr/2021/05/25/for… via @gtpgr - Forbes credits the open tourism policy, I credit travelers self-prescribing the light and freedom of Greece after pandemic lockdowns.
7. Beautiful churches fragrant with naturally sanitizing aromas of beeswax and frankincense.
8. Radiant sunshine reflecting off whitewashed buildings, providing sanitizing UV light, renowned for centuries as “The Light of Greece”.
9. Short on sanitizer? Grab a bottle of raki!
3. Small inns with great natural ventilation with windows that actually open. And say hello to balcony life!
4. Hot summer temperatures help keep things safe.
5. Extra salty Mediterranean sea water may be beneficial.
6. Bright, naturally antibacterial whitewashed buildings.
9 Reasons Why Greece is the BEST Post-pandemic Destination
1. Greece wants you. A warm welcome is de-stressing, and less stress is good for the immune system.
2. Healthy, immunity boosting food at great tavernas almost all of which have patios.