2) do something wrong. Never when they are hero's which they are every day.
1) Two policemen gone in the line of duty. The only time the police make the headlines is when they are killed or when the media thinks they
As usual, Coach's Corner was a beauty. Can't imagine why you would have missed it, but if you did, here it is. cbc.ca/sports/hockey/…
Here is tonight's Coach's Corner in case you missed it cbc.ca/sports/hockey/…
4) the players say how great it is to come to Canada and play on Hockey Night in Canada on a Saturday Night.
3) any building, but it's Saturday Night in Canada" I tell ya, Saturday night in Montreal doesn't get any better. How many times to we hear
2) puck went into the stands on the last play. At least he got a frozen one from the penalty box. Cam said "it would have meant the world in
1) What a great feeling for Vigneault to go into Montreal and beat the Canadiens 1-0. But nothing compared to Cam Talbot. I understand the
If you missed Coach's Corner tonight, here it is cbc.sh/MQRKrZB
3) Stevie Yzerman, move of the year getting Ben Bishop
2) I said in Coach's Corner, a guy 6 foot 7 who is that quick is a gem. But what was Bryan to do? Anderson and Lehner were going great.
1) It must break Bryan Murray's heart to see Ben Bishop of Tampa smokin. His record is 13-2, his average is 1.96 with save percentage .932
2) week. In the photo he received a replica 1942 Syl Apps Leaf sweater and was visited by greats Bob Nevin, Jim McKenny and Syl Apps Jr.
1) On Coach's Corner this past Saturday I showed a photo of 105 year old veteran Jim Houston from Sunnybrook hospital. He passed away this
4) does not have one guy +. Patrick Kane, Chicago's leading scorer on a first place club is a -4. Strange but true.
3) scorer for Washington, Ovechkin is a -10. Pittsburgh's Malkin, the so called superstar is a -4. Every guy on San Jose is a +. Nashville
2) offensive zone. All these guys that I'm talking about are guys that are put in on the offensive zone. Believe it or not, the leading
1) This is from the strange but true category. +/-. Now I realize some players are put on the defensive zone change and others are on the
2) and went down fighting and he was a third star
1) Reimer was a sacrificial lamb Saturday night. Somebody had to pay the price and he was going to be the guy. He fooled them, he went out
3) fighters? So why care so much? It's in the game and always will be. If you haven't read Brian Burke's article, you should. It's fantastic
2) about fighting which actually is no skin off their nose and why do they really care about fighters when obviously they don't like the
1) More bleeding this week from Brian Burke's great article on fighting. I've never been able to figure out why the sweethearts are so upset
Here is tonight's Coach's Corner cbc.sh/8kjlB3h
4) in, he says: Hey, who let that wild bull in? Great write up on fighting. I think it answers all the questions.
3) I like the part at the end where he says fights in hockey is like when a matador goes into a bull ring, and when he sees the bull come
2) finished high school. Maybe could have explained it as good as he did. Full story is was in USA today paper. Check it out. It's worth it.
1) I've got to admit, Calgary's Brian Burke did a Harvard write up on hockey fights. Best ever. Wish I had gone to Harvard. I wish I had
2) that tells you the game. But I've got to admit they still aren't putting the puck in the net. 35 goals so far this year. They miss Horton
1) When was the last time Boston at home had 1 shot on net in the first period? But they won the game 3-2. Hits were BOS 34 and ANA 20...
The 30th season of Grapeline Radio begins on Monday on over 100 stations across the country. Thanks to the one million listeners a week.
1) EDM tough guy Luke Gazdic is +2 which means as tough guy he doesn't hurt you in the minus and he keeps the guys on the other team honest
Colorado's Matt Duchene, what a year he's having. 11 games, 9 goals, 4 assists, +4 and tied for NHL lead with 3 gwg's
Believe it or not, every guy on the NY Rangers is a minus. Lundqvist save percentage is .895 with 3.25 GAA. Backup Cam Talbot is .934 & 1.94
2) goals against average as well. Scrivens 1.22 and Quick 2.53
1) Ben Scrivens, Toronto's gift to LA, in 3 games has a better average than Quick. Scrivens .939 and Quick .907 and Scrivens has a better
Defenceman Matt Greene leads the Kings with +5. They missed him last year, I have to tell ya.
1) Kris Russell having a great year, defenceman with Calgary, leads team with +6. PK Subban leads team with 11 points in 12 gms and he`s +5
Bet you can`t guess who leads +/- on the Bruins... Defenceman Dennis Seidenberg with +10 in 10 games
Before the trade to Buffalo, Moulson had 6 goals and was +3. Tomas Vanek had 4 goals and was -5. Moulson added 2 goals last night & was +1
2) only one goal, has 13 points in 12 games and is +8
1) Hard to believe Patrick Kane with high flying Chicago is -8. High flying Alex Ovechkin with 10 goals is -6. Joe Thornton, although he has
Are you wondering who is leading the league with game winning goals? Ryan Getzlaf, Matt Duchene and Tomas Plekanec are all tied with 3 gwg's
David Bolland, of the Leafs, in 12 games has 6 goals, 4 assists, is +4, has 2 gwg's 1 SH goal, 1 pp goal, 1 OT goal, what a trade!
2) the leader of Vancouver, leads team in +/- with +10 and he has 10 minutes in penalties. Daniel Sedin has 20 PIMs. Figure it out.
1) I am a fan of the +/- I know some guys are put on the defensive end while others are on the offensive end. Kevin Bieksa, tough as nails,
SJ can't do anything wrong. They put Alex Stalock in & he stands on his head in 5-2 win over Sens. Outshot 40-29. Looks like it's their year
The Avalanche are still rolling along. 10-1 record. But what's going on in Denver only 13000 in stands. 1st place club and they can't draw.
Ducks Corey Perry scored a beauty on Sunday night for the winner. It was a goal scorers goal. Might have to show it on Coach's Corner