Grow Your Twitter Free
Want To Grow Your Twitter?
We help other people find and follow you on Twitter.
Key Info:
Started in 2009
Over 4.5 million signups
Country targeting provided
We never auto tweet to your timeline
We never auto follow others
We actively moderate our community
Please Share
Please upgrade your browser to make full use of twiends.  chrome

Blue Zones

6 Links to Longevity: Science-Based Secrets of Living Longer ow.ly/XkKg30bxLoh
Looking for a healthy spin on a spring/summer staple? Try potato salad from The Plantpower Way cookbook @richroll bluezones.com/recipe/the-pla…
This is true in so many aspects of life, but especially in health. - @JohnCMaxwell
Make a walking date - knowing someone else is counting on you may motivate you to keep moving.
8 Foods the @WholeFoods CEO Eats Every Day for Optimal Health (And They are Affordable!) ow.ly/d3Wj30btpyR
Studies show children who eat breakfast do better in school and are less likely to be overweight. Prep steel cut oats now to serve tomorrow!
You don't have to move to Okinawa or Ikaria to be healthy. Implement Power 9 habits in your life wherever you are! bluezones.com/live-longer-be…
Chickpeas are popular in Ikarian and Sardinian cooking. This sweet snack will kill your dessert cravings bluezones.com/recipe/sweet-r…
Kids who have frequent contact with grandparents are healthier & grandparents feel greater purpose #livelongerbetter
GIVE BACK - Volunteers tend to weigh less, feel healthier, and score higher in every happiness domain.
For people in the Blue Zones, growing, preparing, serving and eating food are all sacred practices with power to bring family together
Nicoyans take breaks every afternoon to meet with friends. People who reach 100 exude a sense of serenity because they know how to downshift
2 to 3 cups a day of Ikarian coffee have been shown to reduce disease rates for both men and women - don't be afraid of your daily joe!
Balance is an important skill since falls are a common cause of injury and death among seniors. Practice standing on one foot during the day
Bananas are rich in carbohydrates, potassium, and soluble fiber. Nearly a staple food in Nicoya and the most common quick snack
This classic tex-mex bowl meets all the Blue Zones basics with greens &beans. Happy #CincodeMayo ! @WholeFoods ow.ly/q6Cz30btoWP
Life Lessons From 100-Year-Olds youtu.be/9AThycGCakk
Slowing down ties together so many lessons - eating right, appreciating friends, finding time for spirituality, and making family a priority
Only 20% of life expectancy is genetic - the other 80% is based on lifestyle, which means the power to live to 100 is in your hands!
"I've found a purpose-driven life matters." - Former VP @JoeBiden , Keynote for the Congress of @NewUrbanism
Green spaces are inviting places to socialize, move naturally and enjoy nature. Gyms can't replace the mental benefits of the great outdoors
Inconvenience yourself - By making life tougher, you can easily add more activity to your days. Hang dry laundry, do dishes by hand, etc.
Sidewalks, bike lanes, and well-kept bus station shelters make the active choice easier. How does your city rank? walkscore.com
POWER OF LOVE - all Sardinian centenarians said la famiglia was most important thing in their lives - their purpose in life.
EAT SLOWLY - This allows time to sense and react to cues telling us we're no longer hungry. Be mindful and put away all distractions
 
Twiends uses the Twitter™ API, displays it's logo & trademarks, and is not endorsed or certified by them. These items remain the property of Twitter.